In honor of the Seattle Marathon today and all that rocked it, this is MY top 5 races that I love. You will notice that the Seattle Marathon is not on there. It’s not 6 or 30 or 1003. I really don’t like it and really respect those who do it. You rock!
1. North Olympic Discovery Marathon. It’s small, pretty and ends along the water. And it starts at 9:00 a.m.
2. Avenue of the Giants. Under a canopy of old growth majestic redwoods, this marathon is simply spectacular. And it ends on the Eel River in Northern California.
3. Vancouver Marathon. An amazing city puts on a spectacular event. Epic views and a long down hill right when you need it.
4. Ragnar. It is really the best thing ever, and one of the reasons I run. Adventure, fun and no sleep.
5. Portland Marathon. I did it 5 years in a row. It’s so well supported and is really a class act event. And the post run food is amazing!