It’s cold, it’s hot, it’s sunny, now it’s a downpour. What the heck do you wear in bipolar weather conditions?
- Layers! A base layer with something easy to slip off when your body is warmed up.
- Not cotton. Go with performance fabrics or wool, which helps keeps dry when you get sweaty, or when the sky dumps all the rain.
- A baseball hat. Keeps the sun out of your eyes and the rain off your face.
- Reflective clothes. Those days are getting shorter, so make sure cars, cyclist and other runner can see you. Been seen, not dead.
- Smart about socks. Cotton socks don’t dry and the fibers expand when they get wet or sweaty, which causes blister and all around icky squishy feeties.