I wasn’t a “goal” person. Really. I use to kinda, sorta aim for the general idea of what made me happy, and base my decisions on that. This is usually my conversation in my head:
“Am I going to look back at that moment with a smile?” It’s much easier for me not to set goals, because then I don’t fail.
Wait. No, that’s not right. YOU, I, We ALL need to fail, so we can see what it takes to make us really happy and adjust the sails to we can reroute to the destination, someplace sunny. I am getting more corageous and the fear of not attaining goals sounds more fun to me now. What will I learn, who will I meet on the way? What adventures will I find. (post script, I love adventure)
So, with that in mind, here are some tips from me to you about how to create a “Kick-ass-and-maybe-fall-on-your-butt, cause-you-are-kicking-so-much-ass-kinda-of a-year. Resolution Evolution!!
1) Brain Dump: Take out a piece of paper and in the middle, write down 2015 in the middle and circle it. Set a timer for 4 minutes and then, without thinking, write down all the things that come to your paper around the 2015. After the 4 minutes, circle similar words, and ideas.
2) From there, start forming a list of what you want out of your life for the new year. Go big, go crazy. Be as specific as you can.
3) Ask for help. Put it out there and get everyone on board and see if you can get ideas for what you need. People love to make dreams happen. Take it from me. (if you don’t know me, I run for a living, which is really cool)
4) Start marking up a calendar of time goals. The best way to get to what you want is make it time sensitive. Once a day is put down, the clock is ticking and shit starts to get real.
5) This is a big one. Are you ready? Really ready. Believe that you are worth it. All of the good things. Life is short and scattered with tragedy, but it comes back to you in the end. One chance, it’s only 1 year out of very few years. Make it good, make it count.
Are you in??
Please make some of your goals known below. I trust you will kick ass.
AND if you need help in the fitness area, Check out the classes page for RE:Boot Camp, Marathon and Half marathon training and a whole bunch more!